10 Apr 2011
by Robyn Jasko
This recipe works with any type of winter squash or even sweet potatoes. Making gnocci is fun, especially if you have some helpers, a glass of wine and some eighties music to dance around to.
2 cups of pumpkin puree
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbls butter
1. Mix all of the above in a bowl or kitchenaid. Add extra white flour until it becomes a firmer dough.
2. Roll out, dust with more flour and flatten your dough on a cutting board
3. Cut into strips
4. Then, cut into squares
5. Take a fork and make the gnocci dents.
1. Boil water
2. Cook for 5 minutes until gnocci float on top.
4. Gnocci is ready for whatever sauce you like!
Make a bunch and freeze half right before cooking by putting the gnoch’s on a tray in your freezer (so they don’t stick together) then put in glass containers for later.