01 Mar 2009
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Cupcakes
by Chef Meredith Frantz
2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. cinnamon
2 c. sugar
2 c. pumpkin (fresh or canned)
1 1/4 c. canola oil
1. Combine all wet ingredients and mix for 3 minutes.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in separate bowl, whisk to blend.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Bake at 350 for 21-25 minutes* or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Top with cream cheese icing, powdered sugar or enjoy warm out of the oven.
*When making jumbo sized muffins/cupcakes.