10 Aug 2010
Gardein Taco Truck Style Vegan Taquitos
by Robyn Jasko
From the Grow Indie Test Kitchen
- 2 packages of Gardein BBQ Skewers (find it here), diced
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic or more, diced
- corn tortillas (preferably from a Mexican Grocery, but do what you can)
- fresh tomatoes
- olive Oil
Mexican Spice Mix
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of dark chocolate/cacao powder
1. Mix mexican spices in bowl, set aside.
2. Saute onions and poblanos for a few minutes, then add gardein. Cook for 5 minutes more until it's all soft.
3. Add mexican spices and cook for a few minutes more.
4. Heat up tortillas.
5. Assemble taquitos and add fresh tomatoes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime to each one.