7 Mar 2012
A Few of My (New) Favorite Things
by Robyn Jasko
Wow, what a year it has already been shaping up to be. This past weekend, we had a little shin dig for my birthday (and by little shin dig, I mean a daylong brunch that lasted into the night as we drank sangria by the fire). It was quite a time, and I am so grateful to be surrounded by some of the most inspiring and talented people I know.
Kutztown has a little vortex of diy-craftyness happening, and I was overwhelmed at some of the amazing presents people made, or bought, that I absolutely love. So, I had to share:
1. Chartreuse Pig planter, by my crafty friend Jackie Witkin Raszeja (who also brought the most amazing vegan whoopie pies to the brunch).
2. Wild Woolies Felt Birdhouse, handmade with waterproof wool and sustainable materials, ala Eric and Beth of Easy Subculture.
3. Spectacular glass earrings by my community garden partner in crime Colleen Underwood of CU Designs.
4. Time to find out what all the buzz is about---Classy Poppy lent me a copy of the Hunger Games, and they are already foraging local berries in the first 5 pages. Probably get some good tips for living like a post-apocolyptic locavore in this one.
5. Amazing dutchie-inspired tea towel made by the amazing Jen Lindsay of Clothesline.
6. Thanks to Karen of Skylark Studios for these adorable seed packets by the Hudson Valley Seed Library. Each packet is designed by a different artist, and they feature crazy fun varieties, like purple carrots and heirloom radishes.
7. Adorable water-resistant and biodegradable zipper bag from Engage Green, thanks to my friends Eric and Beth of Easy Subculture.
8. Handmade Lavender Smokehaus Soap from my friend Lala at Lillian's Farm. Smells almost too good to use!
9. Gerber daisies from my mom, which really are some of the happiest looking flowers on the planet.
10. Cards, from the amazing Stephanie and Colleen. Handmade cards are the best!
11. Crazy cute terrarium from Creature Crawler's Jennifer Impink, who has a hip line of bug-inspired clothing for kids and adults.